Monday 3 May 2010

Styalized Artwork

I should have asked this earlier but I forgot. Does our concept art have to be done 100% in photoshop? Or can it be done with say watercolour? And then edited to give better quality in photoshop? Or am I just completely making things too complicated? Because I imagined my animation to have a stylized appearance of some sorts. for the art work below is how I imagined some of the background (not the actual images themselves, just the texture the watercolour creates and not as detailed either) for some of my concept art.




6 comments:

  1. Hey Lev - composites of different media (digital/non-digital) is absolutely fine - if it helps you art direct a visually compelling final piece, do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok thanks :D. Time to experiment with the water coloures ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, these are some nice examples Charlotte. A mix of watercolours and photoshop could work really nicely for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh, I really love the horse one XD. And thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. no probs. :-D I like the texture and the subtle use of pen of the first one but they're all great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. True :)...its probably cause I just cant resist a cute animal picture coloured in such a cool way XD

    ReplyDelete