Wednesday 9 December 2009

The Stepford Wives 1975

I was really shocked with the end of this film. I was expecting Joanna to put up more of a fight. Especially when she saw that robot version of herself. However I rather liked the ending, the fact that she too was caught and transformed into the perfect house wife. Although I wasn't too impressed with the fact that she allowed herself to simply give in to her counter self. And why did Joanna allow the man to take her weapon from her? Those were the only disappointing aspects of the film for me. The fact that Joanna didn't put up much of a fight.

I saw Phil post a comment on Ruben's blog about searching for reviews.

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/1074503-stepford_wives/

Looked up some on the website he recommended and there does seem to be rather a mixed opinion on the film. A majority of the people who reviewed didn't like the pacing of the film. They found it was rather slow in the beginning and then sped up towards the end. Another reviewer also commented on the effects of the film. The effects were cliche, such as the Gothic mansion and the lightning in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment